Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Vacation

Hey guys! I'm back from the woods. This one I did a couple weeks ago for "vacation". I never got past the sketch phase, but figure it's probably better that I keep up with the challenges instead.

This was inspired by a dream I had 1st semester grad year. I was on a cruise ship with Sam Bond, Martin Gilbert and John Oman. Our ship was hit by a massive storm, somehow I was separated and floated through the stormy night on a raft. When morning came I discovered I was floating near an island on glass smooth water, watching the reflecting silhouettes of moored boats. The second half of the dream took place wandering the interior of the island.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Jonny (I can see how that dream fit the mood of first semester!)

    Hmmm- I quite like this idea of illustrating dreams, although, I always find they are difficult to remember...

    ReplyDelete